Friday, March 28, 2008

To The Billboard: episode 3

From Brooklyn, to the Bay, to the Philippines, to The rest of the World...

What’s up SoulSonic.. Sorry it has been a while..To The Billboard it is.. pag sinabi ko sa inyo na walang impossible, dahil ginagawa ko ang mga yon.. panoodin nyo na lang ang mga video.. salamat sa mg tumulong. At sa mga nagbigay ng kanta kahit wala akong pambayad.. maraming salamat. Malaking tulong sa akin mga kanta nyo.. sila ang nagbibigay ng buhay at energy sa mga ginagawa ko.

Also if you guys get a chance .. minsan nakikita ko rin itong magazine na to sa mga malls in the Philippines but YRB is a worldwide magazine I have a pretty big article there next to Slim Shady.. Fat Joe, Jenna Jameson, Carmelo Anthony, Kid Robot, etc etc..

Also will be featured in west coast hip hop magazine, STASH. And out next week is HOOP CITY’s first issue with Michael Jordan on the cover, I am their first featured artist in there. (wow 2 pages)

Respect and congratulations to the nominees of the PI Hip-Hop awards. I have utmost love and respect for most of you guys are my friends, and I am a fan of most of your work, however when I read from it’s site that it’s the highest honor in Filipino Hip-Hop community, that’s when I have to disagree. If anything it lacks integrity and honor in my book. (hindi ko tinitira si H-TOWN) ang tinitira ko ay ang sistema nilang bulok!! I applaude H TOWN for his efforts in glorifying Pinoy Hip-Hop, i just question the organiztion’s vision for "US" in the community. He has a big responsibility in representing "US" the best way possible. It’s leaders whoever they are, are too secretive to be representing "US" in the open. HOW are the Hip Hop Awards, supposedly the highest honor in Pinoy Hip-Hop going to represent US if they don't communicate with US!!

It is not H town’s fault that the hip hop awards had turned most of hip hop artists and execs to hypocrites probably including me at one point. But I can guarantee you im going to hear the same cries and complaints from a lot of people involved , specially the losers of the next hip hop awards. As long as the artist and the genre cant generate money for the development of our art, and artist deserving, then this will remain a problem. If BJ FORBES and MARK HERRAS, and CARLOS AGASSI can get a record deal contract, but Nimbus Nine and GOD’S WILL cant and many more deserving cant, Then there is a big problem there.

Another vendetta I have on the organization is , How come none from it’s organization invited me to be involved. Conspiracy? Personalan? Am I a threat?, Wouldn’t I be a nice extension to this movement that I already helped in many ways you wouldn’t understand in one sentence? (and I definitely appreciate the stage that i earned to perfom on the past, till this day im thankful) Regardless of what it maybe. Fact of the matter is Im fuckin making noise, and represent the Filipino hip hop community like no other for the world to see. Can you name anyone raised by Pinoy Hip-Hop community getting featured in major international magazines (shouts to the producers featured in SCRATCH), matter of fact Can you name any other artist, an entertainer Believe me this is not a cry for an award, or to be nominated. Because to me the highest honor is RESPECT!! And Ive gained that from majority, and that’s foreigners included. Yes I did say that I banned the Hip Hop Awards, and will not be a hypocrite and jump on its bandwagon the day they want to favor me, if they ever will… Conspiracy? Personalan? At kung ano ano pang possible kung bakit na singled out yata ako.

One thing I realized is , our cries in the PI are the same cries of starving artists in Brooklyn, and the same in the Bay area.

Traveling to the west coast had given me a better perspective on what is needed to be done as far as executing the necessary TO THE BILLBOARD (backed by a major player in the game) It also gave me the chance to meet other unsung heroes such as the BAYLIENS and the gorillapino pope himself, NUMP TRUMP. They are so connected to glorifying Filipinos in the world and I feel that they deserve everything that they wat to go for. Ive learned so much from them. The Bayliens with 3 songs currently in rotation in the nations 4th largest radio station in Clearchannels WILD 94.9, and NUMP TRUMP who is a pinoy that the filipino hip hop community have to glorify. The man is signed to E40’s label (sik wit it) he had a big song in the bay area (I GOT GRAPES) he had worked with lmostly all of the legendary rappers in the Bay, and then some.he is very Unselfish, and hardworking, and aggressive as fuck. He had invited me to join his movement, GORILAPINO .45 CAL. and I rep that shit!

Let me just sum up all the special things that happened, and how it came about. Ive was speaking with cats from forensic science (met them in th PI , XIEN HOW ENZYME, FLOSS, KILLA STORMZ, who became my brothers fo life!, and J3, wademan, cel and floss. you guys too) about heading to the bay area to shoot for a scene for my next dvd (STILL DOING tHE RIGHT THING) I had bought my ticket for me to stay there for a month.. shouts to my brothers who are ALL IN in this movement, they understand it’s power and unselfishness. And in the process of waiting out the perfect day to shoot. Mike Swift just hustled the rest of the days the way he knows how.. and this is some of the things that happened.. besides linkin up with other tagalog rappers such as Sandamukal records camp, trap, Koponang KuLapo, Mr Rey, and cats like A1 sauce, G-BOOGS, Open line medias Rome Digs(shouts to you and your efforts-Intelligent Movement) and to all who had helped me 1016, JoILL, STEF & INEZ, Jim the LEANER.. fuck too much to mention. you know who you are..lol..... I got to guest in two radio shows (one in a major radio at WILD 94.9, ABS CBN international featured me in MYX, met up with Manny Pacquiao and his camp, which is how people got to see me in the Philippine news all around the world. Hung out with OPIO of Hieroglyphics, recorded with LIVIN LEGENDS SUNSPOT JONZ in Los ANGELES. I trooped it with fellow travelmatic characters, the bayliens, during Grammy’s weekened, where I got to walk the red carpet, and got it in with APL DE AP (he gave me his business card, I take that he saw the get Jay-Z for me before X-Mas recently, and because of this you will see more changes in the PI… riddles upon riddles upon riddles.. theres going to be a lot of ass kissing towards APL DE AP again, guarantee hypocrites will surface again)

Met up with SUGE KNIGHT (he tapped my chest so hard with his backhand, I still feel that shit..lol) where he asked me to sit with him again, but it wasn’t the right time to sit with him, long story.. bumped into BLUE WILLIAMS (OUTKAST MANAGER) he recognized and rememberd me and gave him something new I don’t know if you realize how high powered and hard to get at type people these are, but im there rubbin elbows, and being recognized) its all part of the plan. Performed in Oakland, Frisco, santa clara at the same stage the same day as cats like ZION I, Mista Fab, Nump trump, Bayliens… and so much more. I soaked up so much of bay hip hop history, and fell in love with it almost the same way as I cut through the industry in the PI .. I made my presence felt so strong in the Bay that I am already getting flown out next week to perform, and a guesting in radio awaits me . and an album together with NUMP is being talked about (did two songs with him already, and bout to record another featuring Bambu of Native Guns ..) Pinoy's Finest mixtape volume 2 also will be in progress with Maka Uno, MR REY, and KOPONANG KULAPO)

STAY TUNED for ILLEGAL BAYLIEN IN NEW YORK DVD with soundtrack that is bangin!!! (you will see how a true grinder gets it in a months time) LEGENDARY!!

Not to mention that I was on the Bill 2 weeks ago with Amanda Diva (youtube her if you'd like, you'll see how big known she is) in Nuyorican Poets Café. Im out here in New York got a radio interview tonight.. but of course you already know that I will have video of everything that I talk about.. Proof to validate the truth in all I say and write. Ingat kapatid!! Umpisa pa lang ito.. yung mga kasabay ko sa laban na ito.. walang bibitaw. At yung mga gusting sumali.. Sali na kayo Masaya ditto!! Mapagbigay na movement, kaya galit ang mga madadamot dito eh (downlow haters).. Just know that this movement is yours to own as well. Know when you have something special.. hindi ko makakaya ito kung wala kayo. Kayo ang aking inspirasyon..

ATIN TOH!! TO THE BILLBOARD!!!

0 comments: